Thursday, June 9, 2011

Death by Chocolate Cookies...oh my!

Hello.  As it turns out, my laptop decided to come down with a case of chronic trojan virus, so I cannot access the internet *at all* from home now...at least not until I can reformat my computer.  However, as fate has it, I am dog sitting for 4 days for my parents this weekend so I am back for a few days.  Hopefully it won't be too long before I can get my laptop fixed.

I was here at my mother's yesterday discussing last minute dog-sitting duties and was craving something as chocolately as could be.  My mother has an amazing knack of keeping recipes sorted and organized.  She clips them from magazines and papers and whererever she may come across them and has them all neatly put in plastic page holders and sorted in binders.  As I flipped through a few of her binders I came across a receipe for "Baker's One Bowl 'Death by Chocolate Cookie'".  It was in the binder labeled "Cookies, Ice Cream, Perserves".  This was a done deal.

They were quick and easy to make.  However, mine turned out chocolately but very crumbly, and mom said when I was mixing ingredients that it mixed differently than when she had made them last.  But regardless, they are super chocolately, and defintely a good fix when you want some chocolate.  Another delicious clipped recipe from my mother's wonderful collection of delights.  Enjoy!

~Sally



"Baker's One Bowl 'Death by Chocolate Cookie'"

Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 12 minutes

2 pkg (16 squares) Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, divided
3/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 c. butter or margarine
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 c. chopped nuts (optional, but highly recommended by moi)

1. Heat oven to 350F.
2. Coarsely chop 8 squares (1 pkg) of the chocolate; set aside
3. Microwave remaining 8 sqaures chocolate in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-2 minutes*.  Stir in sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla.  Stir in flour and baking powder.  Stir in the reserved chopped chocolate and the nuts.
4. Drop by tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 12-13 minutes or until cookies are puffed and feel set to the touch.
5.  Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute.  Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.  Makes about 1 1/2 dozen cookies.


*Note: I melted my chocolate in a bain-marie (double-boiler) on the stove because in my experience baker's chocolate always burns when nuked in the microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment