Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Low Iodine Diet - Day 1

Day 1. So far so good.  Here is what my food consisted of today:

Breakfast:
brewed coffee with coconut milk
oats with raisins and brown sugar

Lunch: Harvest Blueberry Mini Wheats, plain no milk

Dinner:
Chicken breast seasoned with Mrs Dash
Romaine lettuce, tomato and cucumber with homemade dressing (oil & white wine vinegar)
Basmati rice

I also drank about 5 glasses of water today so far.  I've been tracking all this in My Fitness Pal to keep an eye on things and like I said before....so far so good.

Today I learned that coconut milk in coffee makes my coffee tastes MUCH different than with cow milk.  Not gross, but different.  I can definitely live with it.  I also learned that most bottled water has mineral salt and I can't drink that, so tap water it is! I drank one bottle this morning before I thought to check but it's day 1 so errors were bound to be made.  I also discovered that balsalmic vinegar is okay as long as their is no caramel coloring....GROWL. All mine has caramel coloring, so I made salad dressing with white wine vinegar and oil instead.  It tasted good.

I plan on ripping up some frozen bananas in my food processor later for "just bananas" banana ice cream.  it's literally JUST frozen banana, cut into pieces, and you food process the hell out of it and it becomes the consistency of creamy ice cream.  PERFECT!!! You can also add a Tbsp of cocoa for chocolate banana "ice cream".  Which is also perfectly acceptable to consume on a low iodine diet.  (side note: I prepped and froze my bananas in advance for this very diet).  I've tried it weeks ago and it's delicious!!

I had quite a bit of energy today but paced myself throughout the day since my subconscious figured that if I expelled energy fast I might run down the remaining thyroid hormone in my body faster.  (???) I don't know if that's the case but I paced myself regardless. 

Day 1 is winding down  and I am currently optimistic!  let's hope this keeps up.

~Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment