Sunday, September 18, 2016

Low Iodine Diet - Day 12

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast:
LID apple cinnamon muffin

Lunch:
the last bowl of delicious chicken stew

Dinner:
Basmati rice with a chicken breast and homemade Roma tomato sauce made by my Honey for me

Snacks:
LID Blueberry muffin
rice cake with natural pb
green grapes
chunky monkey cookie

Today was rough. Real rough.  I woke up at 8am after sleeping 8 hrs with a pounding headache.  I was awake for about an hour before passing out on the couch until noon.

After that Honey and I went to visit my mom and dad and ended up passing out on their couch.  #visitfail

Came back home and lounged around until 4pm.  Finally got some energy mustered and packed a few more boxes of odds n ends in the bedroom.  Then I gave the dog a bath.

After dinner I made a batch of Chunky Monkey Cookies.  they are okay, definitely nice to have a different something to munch on.  Here is the recipe:

3 bananas, mashed
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup natural pb
1/4 cup cocoa
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract

Drop by rounded spoonfuls on a baking sheet. 350°F for 10 mins. 

I did heaping tablespoon fulls and ended up with 15 cookies.  97 cals per cookie (thank you my fitness pal)! Like I said they were ok.  Not exactly turtle pie or anything but they get a pass.

Dinner was delicious! As was lunch.  So food wise today was wonderful.  Energy wise, not so much.  I was literally like a slug most of the day.  Also I was cold all day and frumped around in my heavy fuzzy joggers and my heavy fuzzy bathrobe. 

I created a blanket and pillow nest on my side of the sectional sofa haha and my noon appointment cancelled for tomorrow which I'm totally ok with. 

I do have to go for bloodwork tomorrow - pre RAI bloodwork.  They make sure all my thyroid hormone levels (TSH, T3, T4, Thyroglobulin, etc) are appropriately hypothyroid for the treatment.  They also make sure I'm not pregnant which I'm certain I'm not, but they check anyways because they would not perform the treatment if you were.

2 more days.  I'm getting nervous.  Not so much the treatment, but again - more about the side effects. Nausea, metal taste in your mouth and dried up salvatory glands, burning in your throat.  None of those sound fun, appealing or in the slightest bit okay with me.  For anyone who knows me I loath and detest Nausea.  It's almost the worst thing ever.  Thankfully they can give me gravol for it which is great because one gravol and I'm lights out. 

Deep breaths.  It will be over before I know it.  Until tomorrow....

~Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment