Monday, September 19, 2016

Low Iodine Diet - Day 13

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast:
2 LID Apple cinnamon muffins

Lunch:
same as dinner last night....Rice with chicken and homemade Roma tomato sauce.

Dinner:
same as lunch

Snacks:
a couple chunky monkey cookies
a could LID muffins
green grapes
rice cakes with concord grape jelly

Well. Today was more or less a continuation of yesterday.  I got up at 7am. Went to the hospital early to try and beat the wait at the blood lab.  Got there at 8 something. Only 2 people ahead of me, I was out in 15 minutes.

Except. ***sighhhh*** I got a trainee technician. Now for anyone squeamish about getting bloodwork I'll spare you the descriptive bits. I almost said "nope! no way! no trainee for me" but I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.  She seemed organized like she knew what she was doing.  She didn't.

So she tried my right arm but MISSED. She didn't bruise me or hurt me or anything horrible.  She just missed when she poked me and nothing came out. Thankfully the senior nurse jumped right in, took over, fitted my right arm with a cotton ball and some tape and proceeded to do the correct method on my left arm. 

NO MORE TRAINEES!!! Ugh.

I must have looked like hell because the Sr nurse asked if I was okay.  I told her I was on a forced hypothyroidism for a treatment and was so tired I could sleep right there.  She made me sit for a few minutes before I left.  Don't worry I gave up my driving privilege 2 days ago. Honey drove me today. 

Back home we went and I bundled up in my fuzzy heavy bathrobe and a blanket and slept until noon.

After some lunch honey and I had some work business to see to on the other side of town **more sighing** and I finally got home around 6.  Some supper than pj's and fuzzy bathrobes and socks.  My feet were like ice cubes all day today.  I managed to throw a load of laundry in and spent the night bundled on the couch with my dog.

Last day tomorrow.  I made it.  I cried for pizza and declared that was vicariously eating through others today.  I dreamed of  condiments and dairy products and junk food.  Horrible, I know.  Low iodine diet isn't that horrible.  it's very healthy albeit you feel like crap from no meds so that probably didn't help.  When you feel like crap you want comfort food.  I got bland food.  Or lots and lots of veggies and fruits.  My body feels like it had a major "food detox".  And honey and I agreed I get a small pass for some pizza and chocolate then we keep on being healthy.  I am so down with that.

I even dreamed about cottage cheese in a cantaloupe for a snack because I looovvveee cottage cheese and I miss dairy.

The tomato sauce honey made is delicious.  I will probably repeat that again tomorrow with chicken and rice and maybe a side garden salad.

I'm tired.  I hope my body has agreed with diet and lack of medication so we can do this treatment.  I really thought I would feel much MUCH worse than just being so exhausted.  I haven't lost anymore weight but my belly has shrank alot. 

Prepping for the hospital tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted and thank you to everyone who has read my blog of ramblings.  I'll keep 'em coming.

~Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment