Tuesday, September 27, 2016

RAI Last Day in Isolation

Today is my last full day in isolation and tonight is the last night.  I'm pretty bored.  I started cleaning up today.  When I saw the nuclear tech at the hospital yesterday she told me after I left she went back to my room to scan the radiation levels and clean the room.  What surprised her is I barely left a trace of ANY thing in the room.  She said it was the absolute cleanest ever, she was so impressed.  I guess that means I'm not a messy person? Generally I'm not but now I have proof I guess lol

So I started cleaning up today here a little altho there is very little to clean up.  I'm looking forward to jumping into my crazy schedule the next few days, playing with my dog who I haven't seen in a week and general human contact.  I stayed away from my dog and cat because they are both young and I read that they are similar to young children.  Similar in that their immune system is not built like an adult human to withstand even short periods of being in the same room as someone emitting radioactive rays and I didn't want to take any chances.  If my illness and treatment did anything to cause harm to my fur-kids (or anyone else's for that matter) I could never forgive myself.  My fur-kids are my world.

I feel fine today except for a minor headache when I woke up and I'm tired because I tossed and turned all night.  Reeaaaallllyyyy looking forward to sleeping in my own bed again with my giant snuggle bear of a dog next to me.

Honey has been preparing all my meals too so I am actually looking forward to being able to prepare food again, which is a strange thing because I never particularly cared for being the cook but have come to enjoy it more and more in the last year or two.

Basically I can't wait to rejoin everyday life...and see what craziness comes next!

~Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment