Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Low Iodine Diet - Day 14

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast:
1 LID muffin

Lunch:
same as yesterday Basmati rice with chicken breast and homemade tomato sauce

Dinner:
same as lunch

Snacks:
3 chunky monkey cookies
1 LID muffin
gala apple

ooohhhh!!! I am soooo tired today.  and I typed a great big long blog then got a phone call and it erased everything! Boooo

Well I am queen of the slugs today. Here's how it went down: I got up around 9am and ate a muffin.  Went back to bed.  Answered some work related calls and texts from under 5 blankets.  My sister on the east coast called and we grabbed for an hour.  Got out of bed at noon.

Ate some lunch then crawled back to bed. More blankets.  I slept until 4pm.  By 5pm I was still in bed and crawled to the bathroom and had a shower. Then I packed my bag for the hospital.  Had a short visit with my mom and dad then flung myself over an armchair for awhile with blankets.

My dog has been glued to my side all day.  Best dog ever! <3 He slept by me all day and now he's playing at my feet all evening with his toys. He has had a look of fear and suspicion all day that something is up...especially when I packed my bag for tomorrow.  He's turning 3 in a month but he'll always be my baby.  I baby and spoil him...all 90lbs.  And he protects and looks out for me.  Gonna be a hard few days without him.

He will be happy hanging out with his dad while I'm gone though.  And then I get forward to the excited return where I will get mauled and licked to death lol Lots of snuggles tonight!

I was the epitome of a slug today though.  I ate out of necessity mainly.  Maybe a little out of hunger.  I can't hardly hold my head up and my eyes are so very heavy.  And I'm constantly frozen.  I also had a headache that loomed at varying degrees all day.

Needless to say I'm grateful I only got this tired now and that I didn't have to do this no meds/LID diet for any longer.  Being hypothyroid is bad enough but FORCED extreme hypothyroidism on no meds and strange diet is worse.  I am also grateful that I am only *this* tired now because every person is different and apparently there can be some very extreme side effects.  Maybe my body handled it like a champ or maybe I just didn't allow myself to cave to the exhaustion because I was busy?? Who knows.  Results may vary from person to person.

Tomorrow I go to the Nuclear Medicine dept at the hospital for 10am for admitting and prep.  From what I've read I'll probably have received my RAI pills by noon-ish.  Then I will be isolated from even staff and technicians at the hospital with limited check ins to prevent spreading the radiation.   I can't have visitors and altho I was told I can bring my cell phone, I am not going to.  I use my cell ALOT, as do most people? and I thought it best to minimize exposing it to the radiation while I'm at the highest levels.  I'll be back on it Friday.

So I'll post again Friday with my experience in hospital, how I filled my days of isolation and how I reacted to the RAI treatment.

My best friend quoted this to me tonight:
"I wish I was a glow worm cause glow worms are never glum..how can you be gloomy when the sun shines out your bum?!" My new mantra. hahahaha

~Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment