Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Low Iodine Diet - Day 7

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast:
2 slices no salt homemade toast with Kraft 100% Natural PB and honey on each slice
Coffee with coconut milk

Lunch:
No Yolks noodles with chicken breast, bell peppers and hunts no salt added tomatoes sauce.  I added oregano and red pepper flakes
Coffee with coconut milk

Dinner:
Repeat of lunch.  it was already cooked. easy.
Can of sprite

Snacks:
1 serving of plain original mini wheats no milk

Today I felt ok.  Weight still the same. That's ok.  Coffee with lunch at 2pm perked me up for the afternoon.

But! man I crashed earlier today that yesterday.  Yesterday I fell asleep watching a movie and felt like I was going to keel over around 10pm. Tonight it was around 7pm. Like so tired I can go to bed now.  It's 9pm now and honey told me he could see me fading around 7.  My voice gets hoarse like I'm overtired and my eyes get heavy.  We're gonna watch some more of the movie we started last night until I can't go anymore.  And for anyone that knows me I basically CAN NOT fall asleep in a movie. Especially if I'm into the story which I love movies so I usually am. So honey said if we watch 20 mins then we will resume again tomorrow. 

So it's day 7.  I'm halfway through the low iodine diet.  It's not horrible.  In fact it's very very healthy.  I do miss condiments ALOT. like yearning for condiments.  which is strange because I thought I would yearn for chocolate or dairy.  Both of which I am a normally heavy consumer of.  Nope. I miss mustard...and salad dressing lol.  And regular pasta sauce.  The hunts no salt added tomato sauce is GREAT to have the option but it's basically a step up from tomato soup and no one wants tomato soup on their noodles.  Well, I don't anyways.  but the spices and chicken and veggies help.  Oh I miss soy sauce too.  Plain rice is plain.  Rice made with 1/3 coconut milk like I've been doing is okay.  But it's still plain. 

And here's the thing...I LIKE plain meals.  Sometimes.   yeah I miss condiments. 

Anyways energy levels were good all day until about 7pm.  When I woke up at 730am I started the day with some dizziness and thought I'd have a nauseous day like a few days ago but it subsided quickly and didn't return.  Nothing else much to report about today.

Beware, it's a verrrrry strange feeling when this fatigue hits you.  Like I felt fine, I drove home from my errands and within 1/2 hr I felt like a zombie.  Sentences sometimes don't want to come out straight, bits of brain fog.  Oh! I'M FREEZING! It's 30° outside and I'm sitting on my couch in heavy joggers and sweatshirt and a blanket over me.   I was freezing yesterday too.  My hands and feet get pins and needles much more frequently now too...possible due to the low calcium intake.

Until tomorrow.

~Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment