Friday, September 9, 2016

Low Iodine Diet - Day 3

Day 3 and still chugging along strong.  Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast:
Oats with a chopped up banana, cinnamon and brown sugar
Coffee with coconut milk

Lunch:
Kraft 100% Natural Peanut Butter with a sliced up banana and honey between two slices of homemade salt free bread

Dinner:
(leftovers) veggie stir fry with Basmati rice from last night. no chicken
Diet 7Up

Snacks:
an apple
a plain rice cake with above said natural peanut butter

HOLY MARSHMALLOWS BATMAN! I was never so thrilled to buy peanut butter today.  My life is saved lol. Best peanut butter honey and banana sandwich ever for lunch!! Mmmhmmm.  Now! don't be fooled.  There are a few different types of all natural peanut butters out there but guess what?!? They all list peanuts and SALT. President's Choice "just nuts" is on my list from Thyroid Cancer Canada as a recommended item for low iodine diet but I also found Kraft 100% Natural PB and it's JUST peanuts. and It's delicious.

I lost 3.5 lbs today making a total of 4lbs lost. And funny thing happened...my blood pressure has always been excellent.  I'm talking 118/70.  I did my BP in the drug store out of curiosity from articles I've read saying how low iodine diet tends to cause low BP. instead my BP was 133/90!!! Whattt?!?! It's never ever been that high.  So I made a note of it and I'll check again next week.

I was up and hit the ground running at 7am this morning and finally stopped around 9pm. I found out yesterday that we are moving and it will be asap.  As in end of this month.  Holy hell!!  I booked movers and started packing immediately.  I am a super amazing organized packer...not to toot my own horn... But I kinda have no thyroid hormone going on, no meds, low iodine man-i-miss-condiments-already diet, and I'm about to do a 7 day quarantine in 11 days.  *ensue minor panic*

Nah, I've got this.  Totally! Energy was good all day but I'm really exhausted tonight but it could be the 6.5 hours sleep I barely got last night plus the heat.  It's still so hot outside!  We even had a heat wave this week.  it's September!!

Anyways, onward ho!

~Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment